Over the past three and a half years I have written about my personal dining experiences from England and around the world. My collection will continue for as long as I have a passion for great food, travel and good company. My reviews are much more personal then you would normally find as I focus on the company as much as I do on the food.

I am hoping that those featured in my collection will be taken back to the moment and also on the memories they have from that day/night.

I am not a "margarita pizza" kind of girl when it comes to trying new foods. There are of course tastes I will sample once and never again - such as a battered chickens foot, however it is all about the experience of tasting something new and making up your own mind

I love food and writing and I hope this comes through when reading my blog. The aim of it is simply to make you smile

All the best

Morelle

“Red Meat Fix” March 2008

Our trip to gaucho was a planned Thursday night evening outing. I have been friends with Kate for over 7 years now and we have recently just planned a trip to Vegas together the following month. We found our love of food when we met at 16 years old on tour for a month and lived off feta cheese, humous, and peanut butter sandwiches. We also have a great love for making each other laugh... none stop, and are like a pair of hyena's when we get together!

There are 13 locations of gaucho around London. They are designed with a wonderful interior which really has the "cow factor". Sexy, sleek and moody lighting makes you feel a million miles away, when in fact I was sat in Hampstead village. The cow hide chairs covers and wall hangings gives the restaurant its Argentinean feel.
Gaucho has a motto for its customers, and this is to experience the true essence of Argentinean life in its food wine and culture using exceptional ingredients.
The versatility of what the menu has to offer, means that this restaurant is great for long luxurious lunches or boozy dinners galore.
The cheesy bread which is complimentary is amazing. I say no more- as you will think the same once you have tried it for yourself.
As designated driver for the evening I just opted for a small glass of red which was excellent. An Argentinean red such as Malbec is always a winner.
I order the beef de lomo 225 grams fillet steak while Kate had the charrasso spiral cut of sirloin- with side orders to share of sweet potato chips with chorizo and roasted vegetables and peppercorn sauce on the side.
The waitress knew the entire menu inside out and I always find this impressive. She brought out a wooden board with all the cuts of meat in their raw state and explained the flavour and texture of each cut

It is not a meal for those on a budget at £21.50 for a piece of steak- but the simplicity of the food makes such a delicious meal that I had craved for so long. I have also eaten at Gaucho Moorgate and Gaucho Piccadilly.
Lets just say I got my red meat and laughter fix that evening.

I also enjoyed my 25th Birthday at Gaucho Piccadily with a couple of people from work. Six of us in total. Natalie, Hayley, Jamie, Nick, James and myself. Nick very kindly sorted out a round of champagne for everyone. We had a round corner table with lots of wine and cocktails flowing and courtesy of Natalie- hilarious conversation. All I need to say is- google image "Gaucho man" and let your imagination do the talking!

I tried the fillet steak cooked "blue" which is basically raw! Just a corner of Nick's. I was pleasantly surprised- A) that I actually tasted it- and B) how much I secretly liked it.


Contact Gaucho Hampstead

64 Heath Street,
London NW3 1DN
T 020 7431 8222
F 020 7431 3714

http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant.php?id=hampstead




No comments:

Post a Comment