Over the past three and a half years I have written about my personal dining experiences from England and around the world. My collection will continue for as long as I have a passion for great food, travel and good company. My reviews are much more personal then you would normally find as I focus on the company as much as I do on the food.

I am hoping that those featured in my collection will be taken back to the moment and also on the memories they have from that day/night.

I am not a "margarita pizza" kind of girl when it comes to trying new foods. There are of course tastes I will sample once and never again - such as a battered chickens foot, however it is all about the experience of tasting something new and making up your own mind

I love food and writing and I hope this comes through when reading my blog. The aim of it is simply to make you smile

All the best

Morelle

"Home from Home" Trampolines Riccione Italy July 2010

Riccione is on the Adriatic Coast of Italy and is a place where I have been going on holiday since I was 18 months old with my mum, dad brother, sister, family and friends. A weeks break away with my mum was perfect and just what we both needed. My mum has also been coming to Riccione since she was 13 years old. Two hours from London and you are in  a place with beautiful sunshine, fabulous service, even more fabulous shopping and laid back people.

We call it home from home because the family run hotel is a place where we have been coming for so long. All the staff including waiters, porters and chambermaids make us feel so welcome.

Trampoline's is located just minutes from the hotel and on Riccione Beach, It is a perfect place for lazy long lunches or relaxing dinners and suitable for any diner who loves no frills real Italian food.

In our weeks holiday we went once for lunch and twice for dinner. As I now live in London it is great to spend some quality time with my mum. She is a wonderful mother who would do anything for her children and I love and appreciate her very much. As we both love eating, shopping, long walks and sunbathing- what girl doesn't - we were so happy to be here enjoying ourselves.

A bloody Mary aperitif to start to get my tastebuds going we were shown to our table. A basket of bread, oil and balsamic vinegar later we ordered our mains. Nothing fancy just one fungi pizza and one tomato, artichoke, olive pizza and one mixed salad.

The difference between a pizza at home and one in Italy is obviously incomparable. This is down to the thin crispy base cooked in a wood oven, the sweetness of the fresh Italian tomato base, perfumed olive oil and the Buffalo mozzarella cheese. Simple, feel good holiday food at a reasonable price is what this place is all about and is a must to eat here if you ever find yourself in Riccione. The staff cannot do enough for you here.

For our late long lunch I ordered a huge dish of clams and mussels in a white wine, lemon and parsley sauce with crusty Italian bread. My mum went for a tuna nicoise salad and we shared a portion of chips. Two ice cold diet coke's and we were in holiday bliss. There is not much more to say then the reason we keep coming back to Riccione and Trampolines is simply because we love it.

Bronzed, shopped out and relaxed we came back home to the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Bellisimo







No comments:

Post a Comment