Over the past three and a half years I have written about my personal dining experiences from England and around the world. My collection will continue for as long as I have a passion for great food, travel and good company. My reviews are much more personal then you would normally find as I focus on the company as much as I do on the food.

I am hoping that those featured in my collection will be taken back to the moment and also on the memories they have from that day/night.

I am not a "margarita pizza" kind of girl when it comes to trying new foods. There are of course tastes I will sample once and never again - such as a battered chickens foot, however it is all about the experience of tasting something new and making up your own mind

I love food and writing and I hope this comes through when reading my blog. The aim of it is simply to make you smile

All the best

Morelle

"Expect the unexpected" July 2008 Supper Club cruise Amsterdam

My second trip to Amsterdam. My first was my 21st Birthday where I went to the Supper Club restaurant to celebrate. There were 11 of us in total and Sarah (my sister's friend) and I  had to organize a jam packed weekend extravaganza for my sister's hen weekend. The supper club restaurant is 100% an eating experience to remember. Having researched the supper club cruise, it sounded perfect for the drunkard occasion.

We boarded the ship at 7pm prompt, loaded with our “L” plates, tiaras and naughty games for the evening we climbed aboard. The bottom deck is completely white in colour with huge beds for seats and turquoise strobe lighting throughout. We were shown to the upstairs deck where it was the same layout but in midnight black. Heels off as instructed we all jumped on to the beds with excitement. Pink was the wine colour of choice for the evening. Light, fruity and most importantly for a hen night – very drinkable.

The way the dining experience works is you just need to inform the waiter on the night if you have any specific dietary requirements and then leave it up to the chef. A 6 course meal of the chef's choice will arrive in strange and spectacular ways.
Some of the food we were served was as follows:-
Smoked chicken Cesar style salad with fresh beets served in a glass airtight container (similar to what you store coffee in)
Thai style coconut broth served in a clear drinks glass
Seabass fillet on a bed of spinach, black beans and a cream of tomato soup style sauce. This sounds like chalk and cheese but actually were amazing and that wasn’t the wine talking on this occasion.
Between courses we were dancing and prancing around the boat. as expected. This was a night filled with self made entertainment. We all wore LBD’s and my sis- the bride to be wore cream.
The supper club is famous for their crazy choices of entertainment. The DJ stopped and the set changed. The most flexible lady I have ever seen- I think the term is contortionist began parading her limbs around the boat for all eyes to enjoy. You should expect the unexpected at the Supper Club.

www.supperclub.com/html/cruise


supperclub cruise
Ruyterkade Pier 14
+31 (0)20 3446403
info@supperclubcruise.nl
















No comments:

Post a Comment